Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oslo










On Saturday morning Lisa and I were off to Oslo on a train. I figured that when in Norway it is essential to visit the capital city! We had great timing because as soon as we got to Oslo we caught the changing of the guards at the Palace. We walked around the city exploring the shops and watching the people.

We got to visit an old fortress overlooking the harbor. The view was beautiful! Lisa climbed up to pose with F.D.R. while I insisted on a picture with a statue named Jorgen (that one's for you Jorgen!). As we walked along the boardwalk we watched a magnificent sunset.

Oslo is one of the most beautiful cities that I have visited so far. First of all, the company was great, but I also loved the frigid cold, clean air, and pretty landscape. The cold did get the better of us and we were pretty excited when Lisa's friend Ibbe picked us up and we hung out the rest of the night in a nice warm home.

I ended up getting almost no sleep because I was up at 4:15am to catch the train to the airport the next morning. Another fun adventure come to an end!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay for Oslo! :) You should have seen it when we flew back in from Germany--snow everywhere!

Libby said...

Gitta,
I have been so very negligent in my blog reading/posting. Reading yours, I am jealous of the way in which you communicate. It's great! I am so glad that you have been having such wonderful international adventures, and I love you so very much :-)